Greetings Thunder Bay Legal Community
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to impact our daily lives, we are receiving numerous important communications via email. Due to the large volume of updates being received and forwarded to the legal community, the links below provide quick access to this same information. TBLA will continue updating this page and sending any additional information received directly to our members.
NOTICES – THUNDER BAY COURTHOUSE
- Superior Court of Justice – all Notices & Orders
- Notice to the Profession and Public Regarding Court Proceedings
- Notice to the Profession, Litigants, Accused, Media and Members of the Public
- Ontario Courts of Justice – COVID-19 Notices & Updates
- Court Services – counter service hours (hours amended to 9-11am and 2-4pm)
- Thunder Bay Courthouse access (March 30, 2020)
- Notice of Access (March 30, 2020)
Please refer to the individual court websites and their Twitter feeds for the latest updates on procedural changes:
- Ontario Court of Justice
- Superior Court of Justice
- Ontario Court of Appeal
DAILY JUSTICE PARTNERS CONFERENCE CALL
Conference calls continue to take place with several justice partners across the province (OCJ, SCJ, and Court of Appeal Courthouse senior staff, OBA, LAO, LSO, MAG, FOLA and the Advocates’ Society). A summary of the discussions can be found on the FOLA website via the link listed below :
FOLA (the Federation of Ontario Law Associations) is our representative on this call. Any issues at all that you would like to bring forward to these calls can be sent to:
- Katie Robinette, FOLA’s Executive Director, at email@example.com
- Terry-Lynn Miettinen, TBLA Past President & FOLA rep, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- George Joseph, TBLA President, at email@example.com
LAW SOCIETY OF ONTARIO UPDATES
The LSO is providing guidance to all lawyers and paralegals in the province. Please visit their website for updates related to COVID-19.
For library research assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The library is open, as of February 16, 2021, and Helen is available to provide assistance.